Thursday, July 18, 2013

Sightseeing again...Classwork included.

Hey everyone!
I have been a busy girl since the last time I wrote: a whole week!
So Friday, I did end up getting to go to Stonehenge, even though I didn't sign up for it in the first place. It was beautiful, amazing, and so serene. Once we went there, we headed to Salisbury, where I had my first traditional Cornish Pasty and found a bookstore that was selling books for 5 pounds or less- so of course I bought some! :) It was great and the Salisbury cathedral was beautiful and so ancient. It really made me consider my religion and thinking about my past and what I thought of Catholicism. Maybe I'll get back into the Baptist church when I get home?
Saturday, a group of girls were going museum hopping but I decided not to join them. Instead, I went with another group of girls and went sightseeing a bit. We went to Covent Garden, where we looked around and did some shopping. I love the stores there and would like to spend just a day there in itself seeing all the stores. I got some stuff for AJ and Mom, lost a classmate, and then we went to have lunch at the White Lion. It was kinda pricey and took a while, but it was good and I had fun. After that, we went and saw Hard Rock Cafe and then went shopping at Primark. It was flippin' insane in that store- like a Walmart on Black Friday. I still got some cute stuff, though, but haven't worn it often. After that, we got some Subway, headed back, and relaxed. I really liked the different people I met compared to the people I'd been previously hanging out with.
Sunday was the best day last week. I met my friend, Minadora, for Breakfast at King's Cross, which was really nice. After that, I headed back, relaxed in my dorm, and then went to the HP Studio Tour, the thing that I was looking most forward to during this trip! It was amazing- that's about the only word I can use. There is so much detail and work included in the Harry Potter films that you wouldn't believe. I just LOVED it. I felt so at home there- it's so messed up, but amazing. I had butterbeer too, which was pretty yummy. And had the most expensive hot dog in my life, haha. 5 pounds!
  Monday, I had class, so I had to get prepared. I had breakfast, went and worked on my homework that was due in a few hours. After that, I went to class, which was really interesting (it always is) and found out I am doing really well on the quizzes.
 Kate and I went to dinner, then went to Buckingham Palace. It kinda sucked because we left 30 minutes before they put the announcement up,  but it was still pretty cool being here when the royal baby was born. After that, Kate and I had some food at Wetherspoons and drinks and then relaxed at my dorm for the class trip the next day.
 Tuesday, we had our next class trip. We went to Lacock Abbey. Public transportation kinda sucked that day. We all had to rush a lot, then finally got on the rail. Once we got there, it was so beautiful. It's a quaint little town and it was so pretty. Lacock abbey was really cool and we got to see filming locations there, especially Snape's cauldron (which I didn't climb in, but wanted to). After that, we walked around the town and saw the Potter's cottage from the first film and saw Slughorn's cottage. From there, Me, Kathleen, and Kate went to Gloucester (which took forever), had lunch at the Abbey (funny, I know), and then saw Gloucester Cathedral. It was like stepping into Hogwarts- the cloisters were so amazing and they were used as film locations.  From there, we got some food and finally got home and relaxed.
 Wednesday, I had class early, so i had to be ready for the quiz. From class, I had lunch with my friends. Afterwards, we had crepes (and we got  lost on the way), which were super yummy again. After that, I just relaxed and talked to AJ.
 Thursday, I didn't have anything to do so me, Kate, Kathleen, and Kristina went sightseeing again. We went to the Westminster Abbey (and couldn't take pictures unfortunately). It was absolutely breathtaking. The artwork and effigies dedicated to each life and seeing where Kate and William got married. I also got to see Isaac Newton, Charles Darwin, the Bronte sisters, and Jane Eyre's grave. It was really very cool to see all the history there. I also got to see the memorial to Shakespeare as well as some other writers' graves. I really enjoyed seeing all of it. We had lunch at Bella Italia again, but something different. It was really yummy and I enjoyed spending the day with the girls except my teeth hurt a lot. We came back, napped, and had dinner. After that, some girls and I went back to take part in the Jack the Ripper walking tour, but ended up being late, so we just went to Wetherspoon's, had some appetizers, and some drinks (yes, I'll admit it, i may have had a bit a lot. I had some mixers with Bacardi and one of my fave ciders). Afterwards, we all came back and Sam and I slept a bit in today while the others got ready for their trip to Edinburgh this weekend.
 Today, a lot of the students left for Edinburgh. I wanted to go, but couldn't afford it, so decided to explore London some this weekend instead! Me and Sam were planning on Tower of London, but her camera wasn't charged, so we did something else. We had an official full english breakfast at a place called the Kitchen at the tower and it was really nice, yummy, and fairly good priced. After that, we headed to Vue movie theater cinema to get our ticket, the dorms, and then back for the movie. We got bucket sized drinks (I swear they were huge!), popcorn, and saw World's End, which turned out to be pretty awesome! From there, we had Yo! Sushi (which was yummy), then went to Waterstone's (their version of Barnes and Nobles basically). It was awesome, so, of course, I bought a book or two (and a planner for school for a good price). Then we headed to the Jack the Ripper walking tour. It was so  fun and interesting. Our guide was very well informed and led us to some great places. They taught us some extra interesting stuff I hadn't known yet, which definitely gave me something to think about afterwards. I just really enjoyed it and the information and areas they showed us. Finally about 2 hours ago, we headed back and now I'm relaxing. You'll have an update again sooner, I promise! Only 2 more weeks left here, so I have to experience as much as possible! I am really loving it here, but missing everyone back home.
Cheers!
Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment